Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2015

8 Photos of Happiness Tag


 Earlier this month I was tagged by the lovely Gem from Gem's Country Life Dream blog to join in with the "8 Photos of Happiness Tag." The tag was created by Ariel from Ariel's Little Corner of the Internet and is slowly making its way around blogland. 

After enjoying Gem's 8 photos, I was encouraged to find 8 photos of my own that bring me happiness whenever I look at them. 


How does this little game work? 

Rules:

♥ Thank your nominator/s and link them in your post.
♥ Link the creator (Ariel’s little corner of the internet) 
♥ Post your 8 photos of happiness; the photos can be anything that represents a moment, object, place or feeling that makes you happy.
♥ Pop in a brief description of the photo, why you chose it or let the photos do the talking 
♥ Spread the happiness and tag up to ten other bloggers!

It took a long time for me to sift through the thousands of photos I have saved on my computer, but I managed to narrow it down to just 8.   The photos are quite random and in no particular order, but each holds very special memories for me.  

Our Wedding Day - May 18th, 2002
It was cold and blustery (in fact it snowed!) but we didn't let the weather dampen the joy and excitement of our special day. And you know, what?  I'd marry him all over again!!

Summer of 2009 - Boys Having Fun!
This is my oldest son, Bryn, and my father enjoying a loud and crazy water gun fight at my parents' home.  They both look like they are having a wonderful time - enjoying each others' company and the much needed "cool-off" a water gun can bring. 

July 2014 - Eiffel Tower Dreams
Kevin and I had always hoped to be able to take our children on international vacations in order to introduce them to other cultures, languages and lifestyles.  By 2014, we knew the kids were old enough to journey across the ocean and we spent 3 weeks in France, visiting Paris and living in Normandy in a 17th century farmhouse. 

July 2013- Family of Five
We had these family portraits done in celebration of Kevin's parents' 40th wedding anniversary.  One of my dear friends, Kari, shot these marvellous pictures and every time I see them my heart leaps with joy at the faces in our  little family.  #proudmama

August 2012 - Just Me and Him
Kevin and I don't get to do much just the two of us.  In fact, we rarely do. This trip to the UK in 2012 was the first time we felt comfortable leaving our three young kids for several days. Though we missed the children, this trip reminded Kevin and I  that we adore each other and our time together is precious. We've since been to Italy without the kids, too, and we have a new-found love of pubs and fancy, adult-only restaurants! 


February 2011 - Coming Through with Flying Colours
This is our oldest son, Bryn, 48 hours after having a fist-sized tumour removed from his brain.  We had just coaxed him down the hall on the hardest walk of his life and he had returned to his room, plopped himself back into a chair,  smiled and asked for a  "rest."  Take as long as you need, Little Buddy. 

October 2010 - The Pearson Family
Mom, Dad, my sisters Meghan and Stephanie, and I - enjoying a snuggle on a sunny autumn day.
My young father (62) had recently received 2 terrible diagnosis - Frontal Temporal Dementia and  ALS.  One would rob him of his mental capabilities, the other of his body's.  He could live anywhere from 3 to 25 years, but it wouldn't be pretty.  In fact, he lasted only 7 months after these pictures were taken.  Happily, he passed away gently with the same group of "girls" surrounding  him. 

Christmas 2014 - Every Year
Here is just one of our traditional "Christmas-Eve-in-new-pajamas-in-front-of-the tree" pictures. 
I ADORE the festive season and it has only become better with our three kids involved.  I'm already looking forward to Christmas 2015!!


Whew! 8 photos that stir a lot of memories in me.  Some joyous, some sad, but little moments in my life, none-the-less.  

Now who should I tag? Who else would have 8 memorable photos to share?





Do you ladies want to join in??



Wishing everyone a wonderful week!

 Not long until Hallowe'en!

XOXOXO

Bronwyn









6 comments:

  1. What beautiful, personal pictures you have chosen, Bronwyn. The joy and pride in your family shines through and I can see why these photos would make you smile every time you see them - they made me smile too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining in my lovely and such beautiful photos, all filled with so much happiness and love :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post. I really enjoyed seeing your photos. I have to tell you something funny...we got married exactly one week after you did, on May 25. We were living in northern NY at the time, near Lake Ontario. We woke up on May 18, your wedding day, to heavy lake-effect snow. I remember panicking - crying, even - because our wedding was just a week away and I was so worried it would snow then too. Our day ended up being beautiful, warm and sunny. I'm sorry your day was the one with the snow but you both looked beautiful and happy and I'm sure you had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such lovely and very poignant memories! So wonderful of you to share them with us. I will have to have a think about my photos, quite a challenge to look through them all! I think that the pictures of your son after his surgery and your Mom and Dad together with your sisters and you are the very best of all. It is great that you have wonderful memories of just you and your husband being together too, that is important as well isn't it! Hugs to you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to join in! It may be the weekend before I get a chance though. I hope that's ok! Your photos are all wonderful. Isn't it a blessing to be able to capture our memories? I enjoyed reading about yours. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I am glad I am reading this post now, after work. I have tears in my eyes and my mascara is all smudged. It is a privilege to be able to share your beautiful memories. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!