Pages

Friday, September 18, 2015

Five on Friday: Five From My Phone

Once again this week, Amy at  Love Made My Home is  hosting her weekly link party, Five on Friday.
 
As has been my tradition in other weeks of Five On Friday, I have chosen five photos from my iphone which illustrate the week that has been. 
Want to check it out?
 
Okay, here we go!
 
Number One:  High Protein Snacks
Not for me, but for the kids, particularly the boys.  Apparently, according to our family doctor, they haven't grown enough in the last 12 months so she has asked that I up their "good fat" and protein intakes in hopes that they will put on some weight and be a little closer to the average percentiles. I don't usually get hung up on these kinds of things, but I have been seeing a little too much of the boys' ribs lately.  A little layer of fat might do them well for the cold Canadian winter! 
 


 
Number Two: A Double Rainbow
It was amazing and arched completely above the nearby homes.  We could see both ends and every colour in both arches.  I wish they weren't so hard to photograph - too big and too light to capture in full colour.  Maybe it's time for a better camera. :)



 
Number Three:  Apple Peanut Butter Crumble
My mother delivered a whole cooler full of apples last weekend and immediately the kids asked for crumble.  It hasn't become cool here yet - in fact it feels like summer still with temperatures of nearly 30 degrees Celsius, but I decided it is never too early for the first crumble of the Autumn.  This one was extra delicious because the crumble topping had the typical oats, flour and butter, but it also contained a big scoop of Peanut Butter.  Absolutely scrumptious! Recipe in a later post.
 

 
Number Four:  MRI Day
My oldest son is a brain tumour survivor as has been nearly 5 years tumour-free!  However, we still have to have regular MRIs to ensure that his brain and body are healthy.  It is our tradition to stop and have a huge ice cream sandwich in the café of his hospital before we head in for his scan. We began this tradition back while he was "living" in the hospital post-brain surgery and I needed an excuse to get him out of bed and walking around.  Every evening we'd pop on his fuzzy slippers and grab his IV pole and walk down the halls to the café for our little ice cream snack before heading back to the room for a good night sleep.  Happy memories from a far-from-pleasant time. 
 


Number Five:  Lunch
I LOVE a good sandwich - one with cheese and meat and veg and sauce and....
So when I saw this one in the deli section of a local grocery store, it stopped me in my tracks.  I grabbed it and took it home to enjoy outside on our deck during my lunch break. Pure bliss on a much needed break!
 
Mmmmm... I'm feeling kind of hungry after writing about so many yummy things. 
 
Next week I'll try to keep food out of my Five on Friday!!
 
 
 
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
 
XOXOXO
 
Bronwyn
 

8 comments:

  1. A good mix for your 5 and glad to hear that all is going well with your son x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely selection of fives! Your crumble will certainly help with the rib situation x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of peanut butter in the crumble topping. Glad to hear all is well with your son, a lovely tradition to uphold, having ice-cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could just eat that sandwich it looks so delish!! Good news on your son and wow love the idea of peanut butter in the crumble, I must try that

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five very good things, but the best is that your son is doing so well!!!! I am so pleased for you all - not as pleased as you I am sure, but you know what I mean! I like the tradition that you have with the ice cream sandwich, a positive from a not so. Thank you for joining Five on Friday. I hope that you have a great weekend!!! Sorry to be late visiting, we have been away and just got back today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a double rainbow before. Your tasty snacks are making me hungry! Have a good week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers for continued good health for your son!
    Such yummy looking food in this post that now I'm hungry!
    That rainbow was beautiful! Happy weekend to you. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you have been to hell and back, I am so so glad your Son recovered and is in remission god only knows what you all must have gone through. the rainbow is beautiful too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!