Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Five on Friday: Photos from my Phone

The weekend is almost here - it's Friday after all!  The weather here in the Toronto area is on the up and up and the weatherman is calling for temperatures of +3 degrees Celcius  over the next few days.  Woohoo! The kids can't wait to get outside and enjoy the "warmth" and the sunshine!
 
Before the weekend begins, I want to take part in Amy's linky party that she hosts over on her blog, Love Made My Home.
 
 
 
Here are five pictures from my phone that captured some happy moments during my week. (If you are an Instagram follower, you might have seen a few of these already!)
 
 
 Number One : We love visiting the Art Gallery that is attached to our local library.  There seems to be new things to see each time we pop in. 
These colourful canvases were created by a local artist.  The long skinny "stick art" can be purchased one stick at a time.  I joked with hubby that I'd like 3 of them for my birthday.  I guess I'll wait a few months and see if he obliges me!

Number Two: This is the "pepper wall" at the new  grocery store near our home.  Is it weird that I adore it and could stand and stare at it for hours?  (I also feel extremely guilty choosing a pepper to buy.  I feel like I am removing part of the "art!")  Do other stores have pepper walls?  Or is it just mine? Hmmm....
 

 
 
Number Three: My daughter and I leave on our UK vacation in 6 days. (Woohoo!)  I've been out shopping, gathering up the last few things we need.
 While out on the town with my sister the other day, I managed to check 2 more things off of my list - a over the shoulder bag with tons of pockets and a scarf to match my red polka-dotted jacket.  Do you think I will look chic enough for London?
 

Number Four:  Packing is hard - yet fun, too.  I HATE when I overpack so this time I want to be very careful to only bring what I need on this trip.  Why lug extra weight when it can be avoided??!!  I've been planning my outfits - usually a shell of some kind and a jacket/cardigan over top. English weather can be unpredictable so I figure layers are best. I took pictures of each outfit so I know what goes together each of the 8 days we are away.  I hope I can be clean and tidy throughout the trip too.  I am only packing 5 outfits so I need to re-wear a few throughout the week!

 
Number Five: My daughter and I have been "practising" our tea etiquette.  We've booked into the Jubilee Tea Room at Fortnum and Mason for High Tea one of the first days we are in London.  As lovely as this pot of homemade Orange Pekoe and Ginger biscuits were, I know that F&M will be the best tea experience we ever have!
 
 
 
So glad that you were able to come visit my little part of blogland today. Please leave me a comment and let me know you have popped by.  I'll be sure to reply to each and every little note you leave!
 
Happy Weekend!
 
XOXOXO
 
Bronwyn

12 comments:

  1. Ooh, High Tea at Fortnum and Masons - that will be fabulous! Hope you have a lovely time in London. The weather is forecast to get milder this weekend but that doesn't mean anything - it could be snowing next week. Luckily, you seem to be conversant with the eccentricities of the British weather! Love the pepper wall, I've never seen one of those before xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've booked F&M for the day we arrive. I figure it is the perfect introduction to London for my little lady! I hear it is wonderful and the store itself is gorgeous so I am really looking forward to it! I hope your milder temperatures continue - mind you, anything above 0 degrees will feel warm to us!

      Delete
  2. Oh Bronwyn your tea at Fortnums will be truly wonderful!!!!! I just know that you will love it and looking round the shop too! I do hope that you have a really great time, I am looking forward to hearing all about how you get on!! The pepper wall is brilliant - never seen one of those before!! Thank you so much for joining in, I hope that you have a great weekend, and safe travels to London! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We leave for London is less that 6 days!! I'll begin packing in earnest today. Of course I'll take lots of pictures and I look forward to sharing them all here!

      Delete
  3. Oh, wish I could have joined you Bronwyn! Enjoy it when you get here and of course you will be so chic when you land on our shores! Just remember to make your first purchase an umbrella... just in case!! Take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 mini travel umbrellas already purchased and ready to go! Both of us have waterproof jackets too. We're ready for whatever weather England throws at us! And by the sounds of it - it could be anything!

      Delete
  4. you will need layers I agree. We don't have a pepper wall. Though when I was in Wal-Mart today the way they stacked the mini tomato containers meant when I took hold of one another burst open...........do you know how far those little tomatoes can go??? I do!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those things can roll! I usually have the same problem with blueberries falling out of my fridge and travelling across my floor at a rapid rate of speed!

      Delete
  5. Oh lovely Bronwyn how very exciting! I love London and your outfits look just right. You might still need an extra layer though because it is still quite chilly in the wind. If you get a chance pop to the Inns of Court, they are around the corner from Temple tube station, they are open to the public and really interesting. The gardens are so well kept too! Just a little thing if you get a chance. Also the Kensington roof gardens are open again, I have not been yet but a friend was raving about them this week- even at this time of the year! Safe travels my dear and I can't wait to hear all about it. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are planning a trip to Temple Church - one of the few I haven't seen in London yet. Perhaps will hit the Inns of Court at the same time. I've never heard of the Kensington Roof gardens. I'll look those up today and perhaps we'll add that to our list too! The weatherman is calling for temperatures above 10 degrees for the next week or 2 in London. This is going to feel very warm to us after dealing -20 degreeshere in Toronto lately!!

      Delete
  6. Such lovely and colorful photos! I love the stick art...so cool! The pepper wall is just beautiful...so artistic! Your outfits are perfect. I bet you are so excited about your mother/daughter trip! How fun! Have a lovely weekend.

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your note, Vicky. I'm so glad the weekend is here. Exhausting week in kindergarten - and now I am ready for a restful weekend of packing and planning! : )
      Less than a week til we hit London - we're so excited!!

      Delete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!