Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pastel Eggs & Painted Bunnies

Hi all! Been busy round these parts with extra prep for my yearly teacher evaluation, my in-laws moving into the neighbourhood and the upcoming Easter weekend.
I am hosting here on Sunday, brunch for 12, so I figured it was about time to get some of my Easter and Spring decor out - and displayed.  

I don't have fireplace or a mantel (one is planned for the fall - YES!), so instead I use this tall bookshelf in our living room as a seasonal display area.  

Here is what it looked like when I last showed you - mid- January.  Clean and white-ish - just what I needed post-Christmas colour.  
Now that spring is arriving in our part of Canada, I decided it was time to add a lot of spring pastels to lighten the mood right before Easter.  

I found these terracotta bunnies and squirrel at a local thrift store for  one dollar each. The orange is ugly, but a little lick of craft paint can fix that!


See?  Better already.   
Now they reside on the top shelf of my bookcase. 

Here's a close-up of the second shelf.  My white owl is definitely staying for the spring, but he has few new shelf-mates for the next few weeks.  
The frame used to have a yellowy picture of white flowers.  To switch to my springy theme, I covered the picture, right over the glass, with a piece of pretty scrapbook paper.  

And here is a NEW purchase of mine. I don't usually buy pre-made silk arrangements, but this one, in its cute little bowl, couldn't be left behind! Love the mix of pink and green.  

On the next shelf I went with an egg theme.  
The pink eggs are polka-dotted candles I picked up at a discount decor store.  The "mercury glass" bird was purchased there too.  

I love this plate.  It was another thrift store find, destined to be part of a plate wall in the works  for my hallway(in the next few weeks - check back and see!), but for now, she looks pretty in my pastel display.

Done!  
I am really pleased with  how it turned out.  I hope my guests all enjoy the little touches of spring and Easter next weekend. Already my kids can't keep their hands off of it.  Too many cute little animals to play with , I guess!






19 comments:

  1. Hi Bronwyn ~ I love your bunnies and all of your spring color. I also noticed your blue plate with the flowers in the center ~ so pretty. Do you mind if I ask where you got it? I love to decorate with plates and it would be perfect in my kitchen. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's vintage and I picked it up in a thrift shop. I have a matching platter and a dessert plate too. I love the aqua roses - you don't see them very often.

      Delete
  2. Looks great Bronwyn! Hey, would you share your mama's pudding recipe with me to try in my pudding steamer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Great job with this whole look. And I love the pastel bunnies, such a cool idea to have seasonal ornaments. I need to really get involved with that, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE it, looks great! I love decorating for every season and Holiday....just wondering what kind of paint you used on the terra cotta bunnies.... is it just the poster paint kind? S.T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bunnies. Such a great idea to paint them. They look so cute. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Easter decor. Getting me in the mood for spring time now! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So light and uplifting! And you are soooo right, they look lovely painted!

    Happy Easter!

    N x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so lovely and spring-like - very calming and pretty I love the pastel paper in the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love love it! So pretty, Thank you for stopping by my blog. I love when you visit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that plate too! The bunnies look great painted! Paint is so amazing! You're whole display is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your shelf vignette is absolutely adorable Bronwyn! Just lovely! I love your new silk arrangement! Happy Easter & have a wonderful long weekend! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaah man!! This is too sweet! And how festive :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW!! You're right so much better with the cute paint! Love the colors! Oh and I really like the polka dot egg candles!

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This just makes me happy. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How clever and it's all so beautiful. I found you on the It's So Very Cheri Blog Hop and am glad I did. I am now following you and would love a follow back.
    Evelyn
    http://myturn-evelyn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks beautiful! I love the eggs :) Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. "Thank you for sharing such valuable information in your blog. Your expertise shines through in every post!"
    https://www.discountdrift.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. "This blog post is a breath of fresh air! Your writing style is engaging, and your ideas are thought-provoking."
    https://couponsstudio.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!