Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Felt Flower Triple Circle Wreath

Say that title three times fast!!
I bought these  10" grapevine at the thrft store way back in February.  I knew I wanted to turn them into some kind of triple-decker wreath for the door, but just never got around to it.  

Then one day at Michaels, I fell in love with this stripey ribbon with so many bright cheery colours.   I knew this was the perfect starting point colour scheme for another spring door decoration.  I bought some felt in coordinating colours and raced home to get started.  
I googled many felt flower tutorials (I coudn't believe I hadn't made any before. I guess I thought they'd be too much work!)  But really this of kind of flower is very easy - cut, pin, sew and gather!  I spent just over an hour combining my felt colours,  trying out many layers of petals and I was very pleased with what I came up with.
To fasten my wreaths together, I layered two kinds of ribbon and secured the  loops with TONS of hot glue.  
And on went my felt flowers:

I did three groupings with three flowers each and added a couple of green leaves to each.  
Some flowers to the sides of the wreaths, some at the bottom.
I really liked how the coloured flowers POPPED on the white door in my hallway.  I almost left it hung here.
But it's final location is on our front door, replacing the bunny basket and tulips I had hanging there for Easter.

Thanks for the visit! Come again soon.  I'd love for you to become a FOLLOWER!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so beautiful! Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are super cute! Great job! Found you through Classy Clutter and now following via GFC. Would love for you to stop by and follow back :) Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You my friend are so crafty! Love the wreath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea... so creative! I looks very pretty and you're right the colours of the felt flowers do 'pop'.... I LOVE IT!!

    Thank you for the lovely comment on my mini quilt,
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this wreath! So beautiful and perfect for Spring. Thanks for sharing at my party!! Have a great rest of your weekend and hope to see you again next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just adorable..happy spring! S.T.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done they look amazing!

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty! I like the long length of the wreath. I've never worked with a vine wreath before but need to give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so adorable and creative! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another beautiful project from you! Just perfect Bronwyn...the colours and the scale are all beautiful! I love how it fills up the door! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so cute! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my Adorable! You're right- what a fun color scheme! This really turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that colorful three-tiered wreath! I have some dollar store wreath forms that I think I need to pull out and get working on my very own three-tiered wreath. I still have the egg wreath up!

    I think it's time to turn over a new "wreath" ... yes, I'm a dork.

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your wreath trio, Bronwyn! The ribbon you used as your colour inspiration is so pretty and fresh! The felt flowers turned out great (aren't they fun to make?) and the idea to hang three mini wreaths instead of one large wreath adds a nice twist to the project. Your door looks so inviting :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!