Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hot Chocolate Bar - Oh YEAH!

This is what has been taking over my counter for the last month or so:
The truth is, during the cooler weather, I am a HOT CHOCOLATE GIRL! I never miss filling my travel mug with some of it's creamy goodness before I head out for school in the morning. I really think the sugary yumminess helps me keep up with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd graders to whom I teach music each weekday. And bedtime - oh yeah! Usually the low-calorie kind made with skim-milk- perfectly soothing before I crash into the flannel sheets.

But really, this hot drink collection is getting out of hand. Time to do something about it- AND FAST!

And it has to be pretty - something I can handle having on my counter for all to see.

Clear, 250 ml canning jars will be perfect!Unfortunately, the silver rings that come with aren't all that attractive. And they rust so easily!But I found these in the canning section of the store. Much nicer. (Plain, but I'll fix that later!)
I found these FREE printable labels here:
http://blog.worldlabel.com/2010/christmas-labels-for-free-by-ink-tree-press.html

I tried to edit them on the computer and add the text before I printed, but it didn't work out like I planned. So, instead I went with my perfect primary printing (11 years of Kindergarten teaching has made me an expert!)

Carefully, I cut them out and erased the pencil lines.
Out came my trusty glue-gun and onto the glass jars the labels went.

Now onto the transfer of the precious chocolate powder. Look at all of the colours for each flavour!

Now to decorate those plain white lids. I searched through my scrapbook paper stash for paper with a "Hot Chocolate" theme. Score!
After cutting the appropriate sized circles, I aged the edges using some scrapbooking ink.

And onto the lids my red circles went, once again with my trusty glue-gun.

TA-DA! Now doesn't that look much prettier that the BEFORE picture? Hubby says they can stay on the counter. Now it's functional decor, not dysfunctional mess crowding our counter!
Now which flavour will I choose for before bed? Hmmmmmm....Rolo Hot chocolate it is!

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a comment - I love reading them! And please, BECOME A FOLLOWER!

7 comments:

  1. Cute idea! looks delicious! Visiting from The Girl Creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! We are not coffee drinkers, so we love hot chocolate season! This hot chocolate bar is such a cute way to keep it handy.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you and I'm loving your paper labels and paper garland! What can I say...I'm loving paper tonight!
    XO, Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea, don't drink coffee, but love hot chocolate. Thanks for sharing the labels. Love how you antiques the paper. Love the bar idea, so you can decide what you feel like each morning. Don't give any to the kids, or you won't be able to keep up with them. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration over at Sunday's Best! Make sure you come back now. Now following you@!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bronwyn (beautiful Welsh name by the way), what a clever idea and thank you so much for sharing it with us. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Kitchen Sink Taps valve switch freely, while the use of Cheap Taps is not too loose or too tight; handle position, shape to be convenient to open and Waterfall Taps, that the use of the back can easily operate.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!