Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Festive Cream Cheese Rolls - A Recipe

This is a recipe that is ALWAYS very popular around this time of the year in my house, and at all the parties I attend. And they couldn't be simpler ( or prettier in festive red, green and white!)

Ingredients needed:

5 white 1o" tortillas
Spreadable cream cheese
Green Onions
Dried Cranberries
1. Cut 3/4 cup of dried cranberries into little pieces using a sharp knife.
2. Cut only the green part of the onions in small pieces. You will not use the white end of the onions.
3. Spread the cream cheese in a thin layer over the whole tortilla, right to the edges. This acts as the glue, holding the rolled tortilla in place.
4. Sprinkle the green onions and cranberries all over the cheese-covered tortilla.
5. Roll the tortilla carefully from one side. Be sure to roll it tightly, catching all of the inner fillings.

6. Place the rolled tortilla in the fridge for about 15 minutes. This allows the cheese to firm up a bit before you begin cutting.7. Using a sharp serated knife, cut the long rolls into 1/2" wide circles. Done!
Here are my rolls as part of my buffet at a recent house party I held for some dear old friends. The red and green rolls fit in perfectly with the other festive items I put out that day.
Thanks for stopping by! If you give this little recipe a try, I'd love to hear about it!

Comments please!! And become a FOLLOWER!!

3 comments:

  1. These look so yummy, I am going to the store in the morning to get the green onions. I have everything else needed, and the family thinks these should be part of dinner tomorrow. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do those ever sound delicious! So glad you shared at Shine on Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say I'm going to try this recipe. Thank you very much for sharing.
    Kristy @ 4 the love of WOOD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for popping by my little world. I'd love to hear from you. Comments make my day!!